Happy belated Valentine’s Day! I saw this Valentine’s treat floating around on Pinterest and had to try it out yesterday. Who can resist a rice krispy treat shaped like a hershey kiss??
So, here’s the recipe/how to:
What You Need:
- 3 T Smart Balance
- 6 cups puff rice cereal
- 1 10 oz bag of marshmallows
- Aluminum foil
What You Do:
1) Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
2) Once the butter is melted, add the marshmallows to the saucepan and keep stirring…
…the marshmallows will start to melt, keep them moving until…
…you basically have fluff! Now, either make a peanut butter and fluff sandwich or continue to step 3.
3) Once the marshmallows are melted, combine the mixture with the 6 cups of cereal and mix it all up.
4) Let the mixture cool for about 5 minutes so you don’t burn your fingers and because the mixture is easier to work with when cooler. I learned this the difficult way by diving in too soon. I’m still chipping marshmallow off my rings!
About here is when I realized I hadn’t had a rice krispy treat in a long time. So, of course, I had to taste test. Ummmm, rice krispy treats are AMAZING!!! Who knows how much I ate during this step :)
5) Spray some cooking spray in the funnel and then pack the funnel with the mixture.
6) Plop the shape onto a cookie sheet to cool a little more. I got 4 kisses out of the mixture and made a heart with the extra. I ate so much during step four that I was probably suppose to end up with 5 kisses!
7) Wrap each in aluminum foil.
8) Make little tags and attach to the top…and you have a hershey kiss!
These are really adorable! Next year I’m going to make more to hand out to everyone!